Sunday, February 8, 2009

How to begin?

I've read many, many blogs and don't know where to start. When you read someone else's blog you're almost always stepping into the middle, something already matured with a life of its own, a character set by the writer. Now I have to admit I am not a writer, I'm a reader and a knitter. I'm 53 (and 4 days) and I've bean reading since I was 4 years old - and I don't mean school readers, but I've never had any ambitions to write, in fact the only writting I've done to date has been technical documentation related to my profession in computers. I've retired from that world now, I took a big step in October last year, handed in my notice at my current job and retired.

So - on 1st December 2008 I entered a new world - being a retired person, a housewife, a .... I'm not sure any of these descriptions apply, I'm not really sure yet what I am, but I'm not in employment any more and that makes me happy for the moment anyway. I've spent my time so far reading more, knitting more and trying to stay warm in this wintery weather.

This blog is meant to be about my knitting but life will get in the way at times so I'll have to see how it all goes. Photos will appear once I've sorted out where I'm going with this and gotten properly organised. Todays post has happened on a whim, I was just doing a bit of surfing and ended up here. you can tell I have no idea what I'm doing here and didn't have my thoughts, or words, together for a first post, but hey I just jumped in and that's probably how this will continue.

I'm not going to expound on my knitting today, I'll try to organise my thoughts and sometime later this week I'll be back to post about my real passion. So if any of you out there read this and wonder what's this one all about ... time will tell.

See you all later

No comments:

Post a Comment