Sunday, January 17, 2010

As The Road Goes Ever On too

I'm participating in the Evenstar Mystery Shawl KAL. This is the first in a series of LOTR patterns being designed by A Few Stitches Short. I bought some beautiful silk laceweight in December from Hedgehog Fibres in a colour called Copper Penny, I must be psychic. I had no plans for this when I bought it and less than a month later the perfect project came along.

I know the Evenstar is silver but I'm more a gold/copper person so this seemed just perfect to me. The photo doesn't do it justice, I was all set to photograph it in a nice sunny interlude when the phone rang and I eneded up have a long chat with a friend. By the time I got back to it the afternoon had turned dull and dark. This was taken sitting on my dining room windowsill. There are hints of silver and that lovely pinky copper along with gold all shot through it. I only hope my kniiting of the shawl will do both the pattern and the yarn justice.

I heading off to Kitchner the toe of my second Tesserae sock for a friend. I'll take photos in daylight tomorrow and post them sometime soon. I'll get back to working on some WIPs, not starting anything new with the imminent release of the Evenstar pattern.

I frogged a silk laceweight shrug, the yarn was just not meant for the pattern, beautiful yarn, beautiful pattern just not meant to be together. I also have it in mind to frog at least one hibernating WIP, but more on that another time.

All things being well I'll be moving house in the spring. I had my offer accepted, now just have to go through all the hoops to get the process completed.

2 comments:

  1. The yarn is so you! Exactly what I would have chosen for you. Moving in the spring sounds so exciting. I'm so happy for you. It seems such a "forward progress" thing to do that it makes my heart feel good for you! Can't wait to see the photos of the socks.

    I am designing another sock pattern for the Comfort Zone newsletter in March. Let me know what you think of it when it comes out. I would like to have your input.

    I have been frogging a lot of things lately. Maybe it is a beginning-of-the-year thing. It's like cleaning house in the knitting bag.

    When I get out from under the end of year reports I will write an update message and catch up.
    Love and good wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    I too am knitting along on the Evenstar shawl. Your yarn is absolutely breathtaking!
    I wanted to let you know that I was very touched by what you wrote about your husband over on the forum. I came to your blog to tell you that, and then read your previous posts and discovered exactly what happened.
    I am in tears, my heart gos out to you. I don't know what else to say that wont sound cliche..my daughter was born Aug. 17th, 2009. she is the most precious gift I could ever be given..with every ending there is a new beginning..hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete