Monday, March 9, 2009

Slow dead slow and stop

Afraid there's not much progress to report here. I've had a bad few days, time of the month days. Unfortunately I'm still putting up with this part of my life, although they are getting less frequent they are also getting way more troublesome. I've had 4 pretty miserable days and I haven't really any progress to show for it. However I'm fighting a bad case of hovering startitis, my hands and mind have this almost overwhelming desire to cast on new things.

I have been harbouring the desire to make a February Lady Sweater for a while and after the recent entry by the Yarn Harlot on her recent accomplishment I've got the itch again. I even went into my stash and I think I've found the yarn for it. I have 2 enormous skeins of Cherry Tree Hill Alpine Baby. I will need to swatch for it as I'm not sure if it will fit the bill.

We were at friends for dinner on Saturday night and it turns out my friend could do with a pick me up, she is going through a bad patch. We have arranged to meet up for a day out next week and I'm considering wether or not I can manage to produce a pair of socks for her before then.

My Apres Surf Hoodie is growing inch by slow inch, I am a pattern off dividing the front for the neck and another pattern will reach the armholes so there is progress, just none to show.

I can't leave you without some photo to look at so I'm looking back through my finished photos, I'm posting a couple of finished items not on Ravelry just for your edification


This is a clapotis I knit for my MIL christmas a year ago, it's an Alchemy silk yarn, has a beautiful drape.


A pair of socks for DH about the same time using Lornas Laces colour Safari, this is one of my favourite sock yarns, chuck it in the washing machine, has a lovely twist to it.


A scarf I knit for SIL using Posh Yarn Eva 4 ply. This yarn has a beautiful drape due to its silk and cashmere mix. The colourways produced by Posh Yarn are unique.

Hopefully this is enough to keep you going, I'll try for some more progress for my next post.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I wish I had the time to even think about finishing one of the three sweaters I have started--well, one is a vest. I will get back to them as soon as work isn't so pressing. I can't wait to see Apres Surf Hoodie! I also love the purple silk and cashmere scarf! I haven't had a chance to look at the PY offerings lately either.

    It's good to hear that you are out and around having fun and not just working at home. Hope all in the family are doing well and you are knitting happily!!

    ReplyDelete