Thursday, December 17, 2009

Back Again


On the left above my DH June 1952 to August 2009. Sorely missed, there is a hole in my heart that will never heal. The suddenness of his death was such a huge shock to all, we are still trying to make some sense of it.
I tried moving this photo but blogger is not cooperating today so I'll let it stay where it is.

I've been gone a long time, I just haven't been able to write anything without getting emotional. However I decided it was time to get back in the saddle as they say. I have been getting on with my life and I have good days and bad days. I have been sorting and clearing, bags of stuff to charity and boxes of books to charity book shops too. Most of the stuff so far has been my own, I haven't as yet boxed up DH's clothes, in some ways it is comforting to still have them around.

I now have a brand new car, picked it up from the dealers last Friday, and both of the other cars are now gone. It was a difficult process, letting his car go, like finally saying he was gone.

I'm looking at houses and have seen one that I am tempted to put an offer on, but it feels like a very big step.

Knitting has been continuing all the time and I will have a lot to update you all about on that front in the not too distant future but for now I have no photos to share. I have finished 2 sweaters recently - well all but the sewing up. Have finished a pair of socks, unfortunately I am going to have to frog the first of them totally as it is a disaster. I also have a single sock done using one of the zuberballs (probably spelt that all wrong). Have also started another sweater that has been on my project list - this one is in Noro Silk Garden. No photos of any of these so I will try to take a day, probably after Christmas, and do a lot of snapping then try to feed them in here over a period of time.

I have been teaching my cleaner to knit socks and she loves it. Taken to it like the proverbial duck to water. She is now accumulating her own stash of sock yarn, she is addicted. We try to share a bit of knitting and a coffee at the end of her work. I'm also teaching her lots of other techniques, she has no one else to teach her, so last week I taught her how to cable and yesterday she used my swift and ball winder to wind 3 skeins I gave her for a shawl.
My entries here will probably be intermittent yet for a while as I am busy trying to get things sorted still. SIL and her husband are coming over for 5 days from 28th so I am trying really hard to achieve a number of things before they arrive. Of course the days being so short seems to make the amount of work achieved each day very little.

Signing off for now. Keep safe, take joy in your loved ones, never forget how fragile life can be.









1 comment:

  1. It is so good to have you posting again, even off and on! I think of you often and pray for you always. While I cannot possibly understand you loss I do know the depths of grief that come with losing a loved one.

    So glad to hear that the knitting goes on and that you are sharing this comfort with a new knitter. I will look forward to your pictures.

    How exciting a new house will be and that one has "spoken" to you. You will know when the time is right and it will be a bright new adventure!

    I hope you will be with family and friends at Christmas and that the New Year brings you healing and a clear vision of the future.

    Hugs,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete